To help you declutter and organize your home and life, I use a combination of KonMari and Zero Waste principles. So, what exactly are KonMari and Zero Waste anyway? Good question!
KonMari is a method of “tidying” created by Marie Kondo, an acclaimed organizing consultant and author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. She has developed a structured method of decluttering an entire household by moving through categories in a specific order with the goal of keeping only things that “spark joy” or that you truly love or need.
Zero Waste is a term originally used in manufacturing, but Bea Johnson, author of Zero Waste Home, has created methods for us to become zero waste in our everyday lives as well. The basic premise is to follow the 5 Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot, with the goal of producing the least amount of waste possible.
These two methods work very well together to achieve the goal of a clutter-free, organized, and simplified life. While KonMari shows us how to declutter, Zero Waste shows us responsible ways to dispose of stuff we no longer need and gives us the tools to stay clutter-free permanently.
Below are ways I can help you organize and simplify your life as well as reduce waste and consumption.
Declutter, Organize, and Beautify
When you enter your home, you want to feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed. This is hard to achieve when your home is cluttered or disorganized. When you rid your home and life of excess stuff, it will become the sanctuary you envision.
· Whether it’s a single room, office, or your entire household, we will work together to create a customized plan to declutter, organize, and beautify your space.
· We start with a consultation to talk about your space: as it is now vs. what you want it to be. Then I return to my office and write a plan. After that, we schedule the work sessions for decluttering and organizing. Finally, I develop a plan to help you stay organized for good!
· Flexible and customizable: Your time constraints and budget are considered when developing a plan that works for you and achieves your goals.
Whether you want to get organized for a life transition or a move, or simply to improve the quality of your life, we will work together to make it happen.
Zero Waste Consulting
Reducing waste and consumption can simplify your life immensely. When you think about how much time you spend shopping for stuff, unpacking it, breaking down boxes, disposing of packaging, finding a place for things, putting stuff away, and organizing and maintaining your things, you will see how much time and energy you can save by learning to reduce what you consume.
In addition to simplifying your life, reducing consumption is better for our environment and therefore better for us. All those things we buy need to be designed, produced, packaged, shipped, and eventually disposed of. This consumes a massive amount of energy in the form of fossil fuels and produces unsustainable amounts of waste. If you would like to reduce your waste, simplify your life, and lighten your footprint on the planet, I can show you how.
· Grocery shopping: Learn how to declutter your kitchen and pantry, organize your shopping trips, and minimize food packaging. This will allow you to save time, money, and stress and will reduce your waste significantly, as a large percentage of waste comes from food and its packaging. We will also beautify your kitchen and pantry in the process.
· Wardrobe: Minimize your wardrobe using KonMari principles and learn how to create a beautiful wardrobe made of things you truly love. Learn to resist impulse purchases and the benefits of shopping second hand.
· Home: Simplify and streamline your home and your routine. We will clear your space of excess stuff and products. Learn how to maintain your home with safe, natural, chemical-free, and inexpensive cleaning products you make yourself in less time than it takes to buy them at the store. Reduce your expenses and your waste by eliminating unnecessary purchases. Streamline your routines to save time and reduce stress. Learn about resources or borrowing things you need short term and buying second hand for things you need long term.
· Office: Use KonMari principles to purge paper and keep only what you really need. We will organize what is left and create an electronic storage system for your files to eliminate the need for excess paper.
· Bath: Declutter your bathroom and keep only what you use and need. Learn how to make your own safe, natural, and chemical-free beauty products quickly and inexpensively.
Are you ready to create the life you want?
Contact me for a consultation at email@example.com